ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Carbis Filtration Limited’s aims and objectives are a commitment to continual improvement
through constant review, in order to provide an effectively controlled environmental management
system and service. Objectives and targets are set and then reviewed by management at regular
and designated intervals.
Our aims include:
- Prevention of pollution.
- Controlling and reducing emissions to the environment.
- Focusing on energy consumption, with view to reducing depletion of natural resources.
- Recycling materials and by-products and the use of recycled materials.
- Complying with legislation regulations & relevant Codes of Practice at all times.
TAKING OWNERSHIP FOR YOUR PROBLEMS.
We have developed an Environmental Management Programme to identify, then control aspects.
We adhere to legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and other requirements at all times. Where
no laws, regulations or Codes of Practice exist, we have developed our own standards to allow for
best, practicable, environmental option. The systems work to the principles of BSEN ISO14001.
We have included within our system measures to control abnormal and emergency situations. It is
our aim to consult and communicate our policy with our Clients and their representatives, our
contractors, our suppliers and all persons working for or on behalf of our company, to promote
environmental awareness and to gain their support to meet our aims.
WORKING TOGETHER TO SUCCEED.
We have an environmental representative for the organisation but also employ a consultant to
assist with environmental and quality matters. We will consult Local and National Government
bodies, enforcing and regulatory authorities, and specialists to seek advice and assistance towards
achievement of our Environmental Management Programme to it’s full potential. Where no laws,
regulations or codes of practice exist, we will develop our own standards to allow for the best
practicable and financially viable environmental option, not entailing significant and detrimental costs
to the company. We will consider public, local and interested parties opinions when making
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY.
This is a statement of general policy by Carbis Filtration Limited about its’ intentions,
organisation and arrangements for ensuring the Health and Safety at work of its employees,
and the physical safety of visitors and contractors, whilst on the premises or sites under the
control of Carbis Filtration Limited.
There are also specific policies and procedures describing in detail health and safety
provisions in each part of the organisation.
It is the policy of Carbis Filtration Limited to; so far as it is reasonably practicable, ensure the
health, safety and welfare of its employees whilst they are at work and of others who may be
affected by their undertakings. We are committed to improving health and safety performance
therefore our health and safety system will assist all managers and employees to comply with
the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, the management of Health and Safety at
Work Regulations 1999 associated legislation, regulations, agreed Codes of Practice and
Guidance Notes applicable to the manufacture and supply of screening and process filtration
equipment, contract requirements, resources and work environment.
It has been communicated throughout the Company and will be reviewed for relevance and
appropriateness then re-issued as necessary or annually as a minimum.
Failure to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, statutory and regulatory
requirements could result in disciplinary action including that of instant dismissal and could
escalate to criminal conviction leading to either a fine or imprisonment.
The Office Manager has been nominated as the person responsible for overseeing
implementation of this policy. Her duties, and that the other senior managers and all
employees are detailed in the Quality Policy and Procedure Manual to BSEN ISO 9001:2008.
The Directors and Management of the company recognise the need to implement and adopt
the best practicable standards and working practices to mitigate the potential of accidents,
incidents and injuries. In doing so we will ensure a priority is given to the assessment of risk
and subsequent health and safety planning and to ensure the provision of proper information,
instruction, training and supervision to ensure understanding at all levels. If incidents are to be
avoided, good working practices will be required. Therefore all managers shall familiarise
themselves with their duties as detailed within the Health & Safety Manual and all employees
have a part to play if high standards are to be achieved and maintained.
These safe systems of work are underpinned by a strong commitment to training and the
Company will review staff training needs on an annual basis and the Directors will ensure a
suitable budget is allowed for employee training and retraining.
We set objectives and targets, which are reviewed, evaluated and amended (as necessary)
on a regular basis. Review and evaluation will be at least annual.
This statement is available through the computer network s: drive which is accessible to all
employees. It will be made available to all interested parties on request. We will communicate
its directives throughout employment and specifically within induction. A copy of the
Company’s Health & Safety Policy statement is also available for all employees to view.
We will ensure strict adherence to our Health and Safety Management system and provide
and exchange health and safety information with agreed parties as necessary.
We will achieve compliance with health and safety requirements by:
- Providing clearly and defined safe systems of work, giving due consideration for the
financial aspects at all stages of the contract / facilitation of works. Also through utilising
formal systems of health and safety monitoring on a regular basis.
- Displaying and communicating such written information as may be necessary to assist in
the implementation of safe practice. Ensuring adequate information is available for those
who are permanently or temporarily employed.
- Complying with the provision of security, obtaining permits to work or access (where
necessary) whilst maintaining safe access, egress and work environment at all times.
- Providing such information, instruction, training and supervision as may be necessary to
all personnel to facilitate understanding, achieve competence and meet obligations and
comply with directives.
- Ensuring adequate and suitable protective equipment, appropriate to works and
environment and in accordance with risk assessment, is provided and worn.
- Assessing the risks to health by examining plant, machinery, substances, materials and
waste including their use, storage, transportation, security, protection and disposal. Those
of significant risk will be recorded, controlled and communicated. Adequate control
measures and monitoring will be implemented and maintained. Training of managers and
operatives will be given and evaluated.
- Making arrangements for consultation between management and employees in operating
the safety policy and a system that provides effective communication between Clients,
suppliers and any other person that may be affected by our work, operations or products.
- Providing plant and equipment which is maintained, tested (supported by certificate where
necessary) by competent person and thus safe to use.
- Ensuring proper measures are taken to maintain high standards of safety and welfare with
adequate testing of the systems and documents to uphold compliance with current health
and safety legislation.
- Ensuring procedures are in place with regards to fire prevention and emergency
procedures, that they are communicated and understood and that the effectiveness of the
procedures is tested on a regular basis.
As a company we are committed to continual improvement. All employees have a part to play
in implementing and maintaining the health and safety management system.
This Policy Statement will be reviewed by management on an annual basis, to ensure it
remains relevant and appropriate to our organisation and to ensure continual improvement,
through update of regulations and legislation.
We recognise the actions taken by our company can have a long lasting effect to future
generations. This policy supports our Environmental Policy.
- identify the actions that we take which could potentially or actually have a
detrimental effect on ours and future environments and are committed to
- are committed to ensuring a legacy for future generations
- recognises the importance of developing an understanding of sustainability not
only to our own employees but also for our customers.
- are committed to providing resources based on best available techniques to
achieve our objectives.
- are committed to reviewing our policies, procedures and practices relating to
sustainability to ensure that they are effective.
- are committed to reducing our carbon footprint through prudent use of energy,
use of energy-efficient technologies and by switching to renewable alternatives
where these can be shown to give actual reductions in carbon emission
- are committed to managing water within our activities to reduce consumption.
- will avoid the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and
As an innovative company, our major objectives are:
- to develop solutions to reduce the amount of waste into landfill through re-use,
recycling, recovery and reclamation.
- This has a dual purpose for sustainability in so far as it:
- lengthens product life
- replaces the requirement to purchase new product from raw material
- to maximise energy efficiency and reduce burden on the environment consistent with
requirement for raw material (fossil fuels) through improved insulation throughout our
premises and thermostat control within all office and welfare environments.
- The reduction of water requirement through new innovations associated with welfare
- The use of natural light within or office environment to reduce the requirement for
This policy and the objectives resulting from it have been communicated to all staff and other
stakeholders (including suppliers and customers) to ensure that they understand their own
environmental responsibilities and are aware of the individual and collective contributions they
can make to ensure its success.